Race Date: Sunday, October 5, 2014
Start Time: 8:00 A.M.
Entry Fee: see registration website
Location: Alton Riverfront Amphitheater
Address: Riverfront Drive
City/State/Zip: Alton, Illinois 62002
Race Website: http://racemaker.org/borderwarstri/
2014 Border Wars Half Distance Triathlon :
- Border Wars Triathlon is St Louis Premier Destination Half Triathlon.
- This point to point race starts in the Mississippi Bird Sanctuary in Missouri for the 1.2 Mile Swim which will have full course support organized by the professional water team Backyard Lifeguards.
- T1 is right by the water entrance/exit, and you will ride your bike across the beautiful Alton Bridge and head North through Alton, Illinois.
- The Bike route will be controlled by Police with 24+ miles of the the course along Great River Road to Grafton having a lane closure for cyclists.
- You will be able to buckle down and focus on the race. Once you pass Grafton you will travel the last few miles to the turn around on beautiful open country roads. After the turn around you will travel back South to Alton and T2 will be set up at the Riverfront Amphitheater in downtown Alton right next to the River!
- Finally the run portion will take you up to the levee on the bike path for a 6.55 mile out and back course closed from traffic.
- This race will be wetsuit legal, and it will be fast.
- The bike is flat and gorgeous, and will set you up for a speedy run. If you are looking for your best Half distance triathlon you will be set at Border Wars!
- Not only is this a great options for all Midwest triathletes to debut or perfect their Half distance raceit is also an opportunity to represent your side-East vs. West. Thats right check out the map and note that there is a battle for bragging rights and a traveling trophies that goes to the club with the biggest turn out from the winning side of the country!
- Beauty, speed, and killer bragging rights-you better get signed up ASAP and get to the roads for training. This race is one you will want to CRUSH!